High Valley has announced that their next album, Way Back, will arrive on May 20th.
Fans have an extra reason to be excited about the 6th album from High Valley when it comes out – because they contributed to finalizing the track list after the band turned to their musical community for a little help putting the finishing touches on the new project.
High Valley front-man Brad Rempel shares, “Letting our fans behind the scenes of the songwriting and demo process was so much fun. We had the Way Back album almost complete and couldn’t decide which of the most recent cowrites should make the cut, so we asked our fans to vote on our socials.”
Brad adds, “I love knowing that this album is a collection of songs I feel very strongly about, messages I believe need to be heard, and jams that our fans literally chose themselves!”
Way Back track list;
- “Way Back” (Seth Mosley, Ben Stennis, Brad Rempel)
- “Run Outta Somedays” (Ben Stennis, Jon Nite, Brad Rempel)
- “Somebody Tell That Girl” (Feat. Anne Wilson) (Jason Gant, Matt Rogers, Brad Rempel)
- “Do This Life” (Phil Barton, David Thompson, Brad Rempel)
- “World Could Use a Dirt Road” (Claire Douglas, Josh Ronen, Brad Rempel)
- “Prayin’ Woman” (Seth Mosley, Allison Veltz, Brad Rempel)
- “Country Music, Girls & Trucks” (Feat. Granger Smith) (Micah Wilshire, Jaron Boyer, Brad Rempel)
- “Whatever it Takes” (Ben Stennis, Jon Nite, Brad Rempel)
- “All My Lovin” (Blake Bollinger, Phil Barton, Brad Rempel)
- “Remember You Now” (Ben Stennis, Jon Nite, Brad Rempel)
- “Be That For You” (Sam Ellis, Dave Sampson, Brad Rempel)
- “She Loves” (Sam Bergeson, Jaron Boyer, Brad Rempel)
- “Never Not” (Ben West, Matt Willis, Brad Rempel)
One of the latest songs that High Valley is sharing with fans ahead of the May 20th release is “Somebody Tell That Girl” which features Anne Wilson.
Talking about the collaboration, Brad says “I’ve loved Anne Wilson’s voice from the first time I heard it. The message in ‘Somebody Tell That Girl’ is so important, and it makes an even stronger statement with Anne singing it.”
Anne shares her reaction to getting the call to be on the track, “When Brad from High Valley asked me to be a part of this song, I just knew I had to do it. I’m deeply honored to be a small part of ‘Somebody Tell That Girl,’ and I can’t wait to see how this song impacts people. Grateful beyond measure!”
Anne adds, “I’ve always wanted to be a part of a country song that empowers women and speaks of their worth.”
Check out this behind the scenes video of the making of “Somebody Tell That Girl.”
High Valley will add to their total as the highest selling Canadian band in country music history when Way Back comes out on May 20th – the new album features their single “Whatever It Takes” – which is working its way up the US airplay chart, and is already a Top-10 (and climbing) hit on Canadian country radio.
Check out this special acoustic version of the song from High Valley’s The Cottage Sessions…
Photo Credit: Crystal K Martel